Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Let it Snow!!!

'The weather outside is frightful!' We had two feet of snow here at Rood Hill Farm last night. It was up to my knees! No problem! This morning not one, but three of my dear neighbors arrived to tunnel me out. One, with a huge tractor and enormous snow blower (it looked like what happens at Butternut Basin when they are making snow for skiing, except this was happening in my driveway!), one with a snow plow, and my young 'technical assistant for the computer' to dig out my snow-smothered car.

I guess they thought that I would perish in the snow storm high atop Rood Hill, like poor Baby Doe Tabor did up there in the Rockies all those years ago. (Listen to Douglas Moore's opera of the same name, based on a true story. For some reason, he was called 'Peaches' when I was getting my degree in the Music School at Columbia all those years ago. He was the head of the department at the time.)

Do I have great neighbors, or what!!??