Friday, January 21, 2011

C'est la vie! You bet!

Yesterday I looked at a couple of rentals in the tall apartment building right next to The Water Club. I'm thinking that next winter I may spend an extended time here in Isla Verde. The one I liked is on the 16th floor with amazing views in every direction and soft breezes blowing in every window.

The beach here is extraordinary. It stretches for miles in both directions in one long, gentle curve. You can see all the way to Old San Juan to the west. This afternoon, stretched out in my beach chair, watching the various shapes and sizes strolling by or tanning, I found I was getting the rear view of a young woman in a bikini who should have looked in a rear-view mirror before putting on that particular number. Rolls upon rolls.


The neighborhood has lots of shops and restaurants and, of course, apartment buildings. I find the people here to be very sweet, gentle folk.

I'm catching up on my reading under a couple of palm trees. At my age, this is the life!