Wednesday, February 9, 2011

The Party's Over

'The candles gutter and dim'....  No candles, just sand in my shoes, which I will have to shake out before I fly back to Sandisfield tonight. This has been a wonderful three weeks in Isla Verde, Puerto Rico. Brilliant sunshine every day but one, ocean breezes wafting through my windows, my favorite palm tree under which I can sit and read...

It's too sad, I'll be crying in a minute!

I have fallen in love with this place. It is the fourth time that I have been here and I plan to come back. It's not that I don't love my home in Sandisfield, high on Rood Hill Road, surrounded by fields and trees with the pond at the foot of the lawn, but three weeks without ice and snow, runny nose and eyes, all the winter aches and pains, makes me fickle about the whole thing.

I recommend it! Try it, you'll like it!