Sunday, May 18, 2014

I love Amanda!

Why anyone but Amanda McBroom should be allowed to sing cabaret is beyond me. Alice and I saw her 5:00 p.m. show today and, as always, she blew me away.

This lady knows how to sing and act and reach out into the audience and tug at your heart strings. When she sings the song she wrote for her daddy, a movie star, whose name was always 'Four or five down from Errol Flynn', I get misty-eyed. 

And so does she.

She is so much in the moment of every song she sings that her emotion becomes your emotion. 

Michelle Brourman, her long-time pianist is an equally talented musician and the co-composer of many of her songs.

Together they put on a cabaret act that is as compelling as anything I have ever seen. 

After the show I spoke to her and told her that she was one of my two favorite singers.

The other is Montserrat Caballe.

That is great company to be in.

Catch her on You Tube or at http://www.amcbroom.com/

You will be enchanted!